In the interest of keeping this somewhat active, I'd like to share a (not-so-new) update:
Last week I received word from the "powers that be" that my official departure date is, in fact, March 10th, 2009. (cue "not-so-new" update) While I know this was mentioned in my first post, let me take the opportunity to say that at that time... it was a total guess. (ok, not total. I had somewhat of an idea)
But now it's true... I mean official! March 10th I'm headed to Washington D.C. for a 24hr "orientation, get-to-know-you" session, then on to San Jose, Costa Rica on March 11th.
So good news! A) Turns out I'm free that day B) This confirms that the Peace Corps remains afloat in fiscal year '08/'09 and C) There's still a spot for me!
It's just over a month away... guess all I can do now is hurry up and wait.
1 comment:
Hurry up & wait...and "wait" went by so fast! Wait = Now!
I can't wait to hear about your first couple of days, the people in your group, what you've learned about this adventure and all the other nitty gritty details! I'm so excited and happy for you, and proud to have a sister selflessly giving for such a wonderful cause and experience!
GO NINI GO!
Love, Britt
Post a Comment