It is incredible to be back!!
This time, I'm returning to an entirely different experience. Suddenly teachers are happy to see me, my counterparts are interested in joint projects, I'm recognized in the community. I am more confident, focused, and can envision this experience in the context of my entire life, not only just the present.
Although countless things have changed-people have died, some have separated or divorced their partners, babies have been born-it is still the comfortable community I left just over 6 months ago. For that, I am thrilled and relieved.
It has become unmistakably clear that the happenings (read: stagnation and decay) of the last 6 months, were the best thing that ever happened to me. So far, I think I've counted 11 reasons why...but for boredom's sake I'll stick to this experience. It's difficult for me to explain, but I'm better prepared and I feel the community at large is better prepared to receive me as well. Aaand if nothing else, my absence has been a stellar ice breaker.
I'll be staying with my old host family (+ one new baby, MarĂa Celeste) for at least a month if not two. Then... we shall see. My new close of service date is 10/25/2011.
I also have the same P.O. Box and cell number! (hint)
1 comment:
La mujer lleva una chaqueta azul...you guessed it, I've been back practicing with Rosetta Stone and, as you can see, I'm very close to being ready for any situation that might arise when I visit you in C.R.! Glad the transition went as smooth as possible!
Post a Comment