Friday, August 27, 2010

Wow, it's been over a month already... Well, I'll just hit the highlights.

*I spent 8 days at home and enjoyed every second of it. My grandparents celebrated their 60th anniversary, I went to a Brewer game, played lots of lawn games, and visited with lots of family, friends, and Dan! yay!

*A committee has officially been formed in "the projects." I'm ecstatic at the current momentum and hope that it continues in the future... "The projects" have been a difficult area to for me to integrate in to, but now with an "official" project, things are moving forward! All members want to work toward building a small community center and fixing up the 2 playgrounds in the community.

*The book club lost 8 members. 5 of which I "dismissed" due to inappropriate behavior (yelling, throwing, hitting) and the others left because their friends were booted. Life goes on.

*I turned 26!

*I bought a toaster oven and have already made 4 loaves of banana bread. Definitely a life changer.

*Next week we're painting the library. 14 "drawing contest winners" will be chosen to paint their drawings on two of the walls. I've also made contact with an organization to beef up our book collection. Finally, we have the grant $ in hand!

I posted pictures from the month... take a look!!

No comments: