Tuesday, January 11, 2011

After 3 weeks of galavanting, vacationing, visiting friends and family... I'm back in San Vito.

Summer is finally full blown and my teeny garden has reaped the benefits!! I have tomatoes, swiss chard, and basil growing like crazy. If only Danilo, the farm worker, didn't weedwack all of my cilantro. Oh well, thankfully I have more seeds and 10 more months to plant and enjoy.

After returning from the states, four friends and I went to Nicaragua to the Isla de Ometepe and Granada. I just uploaded some photos which will tell the story better than I could in a few short paragraphs. Overall, it was an excellent and relaxing trip with the right mix of adventure and sight seeing. The trip destroyed all preconceived notions that Costa Ricans have indoctrinated me with regarding Nicaraguans' supposed "laziness, dirtiness, and overall responsibility for all of their problems." The food has more spices, the people are friendlier, and the cities cleaner. Despite the loooong travel time to get there, it was well worth it and an excellent transition back to Central America.

Happy new year!

3 comments:

Bill and Donna said...

The photos from Nicaragua are fantastic! What beautiful scenery.

LCA Britt said...

Wow - the photos are amazing! Looks like you had an awesome trip :) You're right - the pics tell a better story than words could relay.

Unknown said...

Can I travel somewhere with you next time you go on a trip? :-)