This evening I decided to take a walk because very unusually, it was not raining. In fact, it was one of those really beautiful evenings where there was seemingly no temperature change between indoors and outdoors. So off I went in the direction of "the projects." There's always a lot going on over there-kids riding bikes, neighbors chatting on stoops, random dogs trotting about-so that's where I headed. I also wanted to catch up with a woman regarding our proposed project to fix up the playground, so armed with that excuse, my entrance into "la urba" was made legit.
Before I even reached the first row of houses, I was met by Christian, one of the cutest boys in the school from one of the cutest families. "Hi Lindsay!" he said. "Let's go to the playground!!" So he abandoned his friend he had been playing with and we headed toward the playground. On the way we encountered his younger brother, Calep (the only boy cuter than Christian), who was walking home from school. Barf. Out of nowhere Calep leaned over and puked. That's why I don't eat the chicken in the lunchroom.
Fortunately we were close to their house and after one frozen ice pop, he was feeling better. So, the plan remained to go to the playground to swing, play jacks, the ush when we passed a house with four 4th grade girls inside dancing and singing. "Lindsay!! Lindsay! Come in and watch-we're practicing for the lip sync contest!!!" (the lip sync contest is in 3 weeks) I was so touched that I went inside completely disregarding the fact that I'm the head judge.
That moment made it worth giving all the other presentations to the kids who interrupted me to say how stupid the contest was and that they'd never participate. Those girls are the ones that matter. I'm taking it to the bank!!
2 comments:
Oooooooh, new look! just like your hair!
Agreed, dig the re-design! Burning ?: What song were they lip-syncing??
Post a Comment