Saturday, July 3, 2010

Today is the first day of the "mid-year" break for all school kids and I'm relaaaaxing. Made some whole wheat pancakes with a fruit salad for breakfast, and am now enjoying NOT hand-washing clothes, doing chores, or frantically trying to organize this or that at the school or in town.

Last weekend I randomly decided to take a box of chalk and head over to "the projects" to do an "hora de arte" with the kiddos. They loved it! The idea is to eventually do a legitimate mural with paint but, this is a start.





Hmmm, what else. We've officially elected the "coordinadores" for the book club (they were soooo excited when they found out) and are having a "coordinator's activity only" over break to beautify the library. Whiiiich in this case, without money or resources at this time, means de-cou-paging a book shelf with colorful wrapping paper and a glue/water solution without paintbrushes. I'll also throw in a little q&a about leadership, setting good examples, project ideas, etc etc. The first official project of the book club is to start a story hour for the kids in pre-school and kindergarten. They came up with the idea and will essentially be in charge of coordinating the whole thing! Yay kid power.

The school board has now officially given it's support to the library project!! This is big news for it's future. Along with the President, we're hoping to get a group of interested parents involved because "other logical sources" (cough teachers) are "unable" to do so. This is just the news I wanted to hear as the first half of the year came to a close....

2 comments:

Bill and Donna said...

The kids look so proud of their artwork! Is that the wall where they will eventually paint the mural?

Rebecca said...

Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuute! I didn't know you wander around in the projects with chalk!?